Photobucket

Friday, September 25, 2009

A lesson from nature



I take in a breath
Crisp autumn air fills my lungs,
Summer has left us

Leaves start to change
Green turns to yellow and red,
As if they're on fire

A gust of wind comes
The leaves happily give in,
Time for ukemi

Suspended on a breeze
Never fighting, always blending,
Riding the winds energy

They match the wind's speed
Lazily floating about,
Then all is quiet

The leaves flutter down
In a slow, controlled descent,
Landing silently

I watch intently
Learning from Mother Nature,
The one true uke

I realize something
Like the change of the seasons,
I too have transformed

I have a flashback
Of a time in the dojo,
It all seems so clear

Sensei smiles at me
And asks me to be uke,
What a privilege

I attack with heart
Like the leaves, I bend and flow,
Letting him lead

I'm in the moment
Letting go of everything,
Yet, still in control

My balance is gone
Both feet no longer touching,
A gentle landing

The memory fades
Leaves continue to rain down,
Enveloping me

I take in a breath
Crisp autumn air fills my lungs,
I can't help but smile

Nature's gift to me:
Be in control, yet yielding,
Always adapting

No comments:

Post a Comment