Photobucket

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lost

Well, let's see. Wednesday we worked with the bokken. It was a nice change since we worked with the bokken instead of the jo. For the most part, I did alright, but there was a partner exercise that I needed help with. I kept swinging the bokken around more then neccessary. I'd move it with my center instead of leaving it behind, turning my body and then cutting shomen. Thursday was an interesting class. The entire class we worked on shomenuchi ikkyo. It is something that I truly need to work on. Just when I think I have it, I work with someone that makes me realize that I don't have it. I got the part where you enter and push their arm up and back just fine. In this case, this person is taller then me and I had a problem getting their arm to bring it back down to my hip. I know what I need to do to fix this problem, but it will just take some time to fix this.

In the second hour of class, we worked on the jo. I have absolutely no skill whatsoever with the jo. It is actually a frustrating experience for me to work with the weapon. Part of it is just because I have little experience with it, but the other is I just can't seem to get the movements and intricate details down. Gah..... Every time sensei or sempai says "Get a jo!" I can't help but sulk for a second. HAHA. I mean, I am sure that I will get better with time and I know that you can't get better unless you practice. With those thoughts in mind, my sulking goes away and my main goal is to not get frustrated with myself.Saturday was a big class. There were 8 students. The majority of them were higher ranked (2nd kyu and above), there are two people who train with us every now and then so I have no idea what rank they are, but they aren't new and then me.... the only beginner.

Sensei made the class more geared towards the advanced students. This isn't to say that I wasn't able to do the things that were asked of me, but it was difficult at times to grasp the technique to even attempt doing it. All of the techniques were from ryotedori. A few of the techniques ended up in rolls, we did one into nikkyo, a couple kokyuho throws and we did some kaitenage as well. All in all, it was a good class. I experienced a lot of emotions that day and there were moments of familiarity and moments of utter confusion.

Things to work on:
1.) For simplicity's sake (EVERYTHING!) HAHA.

Pains/ Injuries:
1.) Sore lower back (siatic nerve stuff again)
2.) Still have a sore right wrist

No comments:

Post a Comment